Monday - Friday:
8 am - noon, 1 pm - 5 pm
8 am - 11 am (newborns and sick children)
All Saturday appointments are centrally located at our Centennial and Stapleton locations.
Sundays and the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Phone lines open at 7:30 am Mon. - Sat.
Making an Appointment
Patient Care Line
One number - (303) 699 - 6200 - is all you need to make an appointment at any of our office locations. Our Patient Care Line is open at 7:30 a.m. Monday - Saturday. If your child is sick, we recommend that you call as soon as you realize you may need an appointment. If you are calling for a well care or consultation visit, please consider calling us later in the day when the phones are less busy. Please remember that our office and phone lines are closed between noon and 1 p.m., although our answering service and on-call physician are available over the lunch hour to handle any urgent calls. When calling our Patient Care Line, please press Option 1 to make an appointment.
back to top
All office hours are by appointment only. All of our office locations are open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed noon - 1 pm). In addition, we see sick children and newborns from 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. on Saturday mornings at our Centennial (Smoky Hill) and Stapleton offices. We respect our patients' time and make every effort to stay on time for appointments -- and we ask patients to help us by arriving 10 minutes early and bringing their insurance card to all visits. We offer a variety of appointments to meet the needs of children and their families.
back to top
Types of Appointments
Our daily schedule is carefully designed with appointments of varying length and complexity. For your convenience, our appointments are available to schedule three months in advance. Our patients find this especially helpful when scheduling well care appointments.
Our appointment types include:
- Well Child Care Visits - comprehensive exams and immunizations which are important to your child's overall health and well being. Advanced Pediatric Associates recommends Well Child Care Visits at the following ages: 2 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 15 months, 18 months, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years and every year beginning at age 5. High school students playing sports require an annual well-care exam. For more information, visit the well care /immunizations page of this website.
- Sick Visits - same day appointments for children with acute illness symptoms. (When calling late in the afternoon, patients may be scheduled a next day appointment when medically appropriate.)
- Urgent Visits - appointments for medically urgent circumstances such as acute respiratory distress, lacerations, injuries and other urgent needs. Urgent visits may only be scheduled after speaking with one of our registered nurses, who will assess the situation and determine if an urgent visit is medically necessary.
- Consultation Visits - longer appointments for ongoing (not accute) physical or behavioral health concerns including ADHD, allergies, asthma, weight issues, gynecological issues, emotional, developmental and behavioral concerns. These appointments are scheduled in advance, and are generally not available on a same day basis.
- Medical Assistant Visits - brief appointments for updating immunizations and drawing labs.
- Saturday Visits - same day appointments available from 8 - 11 a.m. on Saturday mornings for newborns and sick children at our Centennial (Smoky Hill) and Stapleton offices. To ensure that we may efficiently accommodate Saturday morning requests, these visits are scheduled with the next available provider. Appointments with specific providers cannot be scheduled on Saturdays.
We request that patients arrive 5-10 minutes early for their appointment to allow time for check-in. If a patient is late for a well-care appointment, we may need to reschedule so that our providers are able to stay on time for other patients.
back to top
We employ several providers and staff members who speak the Spanish language. If you desire an appointment with a Spanish speaking provider, please inform one of our care coordinators when calling our Patient Care Line. For information in Spanish, see the En Español page of this website.
back to top
Canceling or Rescheduling
Please call during our business hours to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Our answering service does not take messages about scheduling or canceling appointments. We request that patients give us 24 hours notice if they are unable to keep an appointment, so that we may open it to another patient. Repeated no-show appointments may result in dismissal from the practice.
back to top